Friday, April 13, 2012

Grrrr

Recently acquired a '92 Ford Ranger to be used as a bike hauler for the summer. Working on old crap is frustrating, because everything is either broken, ghetto, or corroded into some unrecognisable form. 




It's getting bad when you need a tool to use your tool.

Got these vicegrips on so damn tight I had to use pliers to release them. It was a semi-success. The vicegrips didn't slip, which is good. But the bolt I was holding was rusted so bad it just broke anyways. Typical.



Good times grinding broken bolts, too. Sparks are cool.



Now that the bolt fit nicely into the vice, I used the impact to bust the nut off. (Giggity) It's faint in the picture, but the friction from a tight nut made the bolt hot enough to smoke the PB Blaster off. 



I'm probably going to post about this truck a lot. It's a piece of crap, but I love it so much.

8 comments:

  1. nice you have a hard work today, if you done fix my car to lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually heard Quagmires voice in my head when I read Giggity lol,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of work!!! ooo sparks lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep working on it, and post the result. wanna see the result of your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a really big undertaking-good luck!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget