Tuesday, January 3, 2012

SPOT GPS Tracker

Before my trip to Chicago this past summer, I bought a SPOT Satellite Messenger. It's a neat little GPS unit that you can use to track your location, even outside of cell service. It was mainly to give my parents peace of mind as I was travelling alone.

There was also one instance, while passing through Minneapolis, where a friend was able to tell me where a storm cell was in relation to my location. He told me it was moving at 70mph, so if I moved my ass, I could outrun it! And I did!



Aaaaanyways. It stopped working. Didn't get dropped, submerged in water, exposed to extreme temperatures... Nothing. Just turned it on one day and nothing. I braced myself against what I expected to be a big warranty hassle...

To my surprise, I went to the website, www.findmespot.com, clicked Warranty, entered my info, and it was submitted! And then less than a week later, a box showed up at my front door with the replacement unit! Awesome service from Globalstar.

3 comments:

  1. natural gps is all i need. but yeah that storm warning stuff must be a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really doesn't fit here, but looking at your pictures on your blog makes me want to get out of shitty flat south louisiana and get out and do things, like skiing, hiking, riding bikes, anything, your pictures are great! Thanks for making me want to get motivated Lol :P

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget