Monday, April 18, 2011

My 1992 Honda CBR900RR

Last winter I purchased a 1992 Honda CBR900RR for close to nothing. It was purchased to be a beater bike that I could thrash and not feel too badly about. Turns out I still feel bad. Probably comes from being a child in a poor family - waste is for losers.

Anyways, since the day I bought it the transmission has been a little notchy. Second gear would very occasionally pop back into neutral, which is a pain in the butt as second is probably the most versatile gear on the bike. So last fall I picked up a complete used transmission for around the cost of the 2nd gear cog itself. After a long winter of waiting, I'm finally getting the chance to install it.

My super delicious workspace. Gotta move garbage and recycling bins out of the way everytime I need to work on something. That bike looks wrong without the engine.
Lifting this 150lb sonofbitch onto the workbench was one hell of a feat.

Can you believe that little guy there is responsible for 120horsepower?

12 comments:

  1. damn that looks beat up, still that much power from that thing. impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bike is actually a 1992 :) I actually had the original owner replace one of the cogs already, because at one time I think first or second was popping out of gear under heavy acceleration. If you like I can try and dig up exactly what he replaced from old emails. I believe it was first or second gear with the dogs on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Badass I like the only 80's and 90's bikes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could find a cheap bike, seems all I ever see for sale are either pristine or broken in half.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good pickup, bet itll look great when its done

    ReplyDelete
  6. 120hp out of that little thing? 150 pounds? Wow, that is impressive. Good luck on the project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep up the work, I bet it will be great when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lmfao your work bench looks like a kitchen counter and cabinents... or u have no kitchen, thats poor yo :D lol my buddy rebuit a bike last year, its damn nice now. u can do it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love Bikes. love riding them not fixing them lol.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget