Thursday, January 13, 2011

TECH WEEK 4

To take a break from the lighting tech, I will share with you a ridiculously cool piece of audio equipment.

Yamaha LS9-32
Value: Approx. $11,000
The LS9 is a digital mixing board made by Yamaha - ya, the same people who make ballin' motorcycles.

Using a digital console like this allows me to do without several other pieces of audio equipment. It is able to do compression, gating, equalization and delay. It also has a whole suite of effects such as reverb, which I use extensively to make the mediocre live guitarist sound respectable. If you want to know what any of those are, or how I use them in a show, ask in the comments.

Me sitting at my LS9, waiting for the show to start.
SUPER BORED.

And the coolest thing of all? Motorized sliders! Press one button and all the volume control sliders will move to preset levels all on their own! I use this to make a smiley with the sliders - quick touch of a button and it's a frowny LS9.

7 comments:

  1. keep with the tech posts, very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. mix boards are sick. been mixing a few tracks myself but just with shity comp programmes. nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man thats insane! Awesome gadget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing little gadget, I love mixing boards

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget